Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, cream puffs. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Cream Puffs is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Cream Puffs is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook cream puffs using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cream Puffs:
- Prepare of Choux pastry.
- Get 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Take 1/2 cup of water.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Take 1/2 cup of + 1 tablespoon flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Get of Filling.
- Take 1 cup of chilled, heavy whipping cream.
- Get 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of Optional Toppings.
- Prepare of Melted chocolate.
- Take of Powdered sugar for dusting.
- Take of Sliced strawberries.
Steps to make Cream Puffs:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a metal or glass bowl, along with your whisks into the freezer for your whipped cream.
- Choux Pastry: Over medium heat in a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add in water, sugar & salt, then bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat & stir in flour with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula – it should eventually form a ball.
- Set aside & let this cool for about 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add this to the dough then stir together till mixture is thick & shiny.
- Put batter into a piping bag or sturdy ziploc bag; snip the tip/corner off.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, pipe 2 inch mounded circles, one inch apart. *To get rid of any peaks, dip your finger into water & slightly press down onto your piped batter*.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool..
- Filling: Add your chilled, heavy whipping cream to the bowl & powdered sugar.
- Whip this until stiff peaks form, it takes a bit but is worth the effort.
- Assembly: After the choux buns are cooled, slice them in half, horizontally.
- Either pipe or spoon in the whipped cream onto the bottom half of the bun; additionally, add on the strawberries at this point.
- Place on the top, and drizzle on the melted chocolate or dust with powdered sugar.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cream puffs recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!