Upside down Caramel Banana Cake.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, upside down caramel banana cake. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Upside down Caramel Banana Cake is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Upside down Caramel Banana Cake is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook upside down caramel banana cake using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Upside down Caramel Banana Cake:
- Get of Cake.
- Take 1 of Banana, very ripe, mashed.
- Take 1 pinch of Baking soda.
- Get 2 tbsp of Sour cream.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of Self rising flour.
- Take 1 3/4 cup of Superfine sugar, heaped.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Ground nutmeg.
- Get 6 1/2 tbsp of Salted Butter, room temperature.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs, room temperature.
- Prepare of Carmel topping.
- Get 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of Brown sugar, packed.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of Maple syrup.
- Prepare 4 large of Bananas, just riped, sliced diagonally.
Steps to make Upside down Caramel Banana Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9 inch round cake pan..
- Topping: in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, then add sugar and syrup, cook for 3 minutes..
- Pour caramel sauce into cake pan to coat..
- Sift flour and spices together in a bowl..
- In a separate bowl, mix sour cream, baking soda, and mashed banana together. Set a side and let sit for 3 minutes..
- Cream butter and confectioner's sugar with mixer for 5 minutes until light and fluffy..
- Add vanilla extract and then eggs one at a time, mixing for 1 min after each egg..
- Add flour mixture to butter, mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Then add banana mixture, mix well..
- Carefully arrange banana slices in cake pan, starting from the outside. Make sure to overlap the bananas as you go around in a circle, working your way towards the middle..
- Carefully pour cake batter into cake pan, smooth the top to spread evenly..
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until done..
- Let cool for 3 minutes before running a knife around the rim to loosen the sides. Invert cake onto a plate. Leave for a minute before removing pan..
- Pairs nicely with clotted cream, ice cream or with a little sprinkling of sea salt on top of carmel!.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food upside down caramel banana cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!