Caramel-Nut Thumbprint Cookies.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, caramel-nut thumbprint cookies. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Caramel-Nut Thumbprint Cookies is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Caramel-Nut Thumbprint Cookies is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have caramel-nut thumbprint cookies using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Caramel-Nut Thumbprint Cookies:
- Get 1 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs, seperated.
- Get 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 of recipe of caramel recipe ingredients are below.
- Make ready 2 cup of finely chopped nuts, of your choice, I used a combination of almonds, peanuts and cashews, unsalted but mixed with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of FOR CARAMEL.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 6 tbsp of water.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- Get 6 tbsp of butter.
- Get 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Steps to make Caramel-Nut Thumbprint Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until creamy, add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition..
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Shape dough into 11/2 inche balls.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg whites until frothy. Place nuts in a shallow bowl or plate. Dip dough balls into egg white, letting the excess drip off, roll in nuts, place on parchment lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Using your thumb or the back of a small spoon, gently make an indentation in the center of the ball.This is where the caramel will go later..
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and press down on middle of cookie one more time,I used the back of a 1/4 teaspoon here since they are hot, be gentle. Return to oven until lighty browned 2 to 4 more minutes. Cool on pan 2 minutes then transfer to rack to cool compleatly. Fill centers with warm caramel and let stand until firm. Store in a airtight container..
- FOR CARAMEL FILLING.
- In a large skillet, not non stick, stir together sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally,over medium heat for8 to 10 minutes until just honey colored. Remove from heat and add butter, stirring until melted. Stir in cream and vanilla extract until combined and smooth.Let cool about 7 to 10 minutes before filling cookies..
- To fill carefully, with a spoon drizzle center of cookie to fill with caramel, let stand to cool and set..
- TIP WITH CARAMEL Do NOT overheat only cook it to a honey color or it will cool to a hard consistancy. Make caramel after cookies are cool so they are ready for the warm caramel. Be careful, caramel is very hot to work with. Also you probably will have some leftover caramel, its great on ice cream!.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food caramel-nut thumbprint cookies recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!