Salted Carmel Butter Bars.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, salted carmel butter bars. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Salted Carmel Butter Bars is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Salted Carmel Butter Bars is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have salted carmel butter bars using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Salted Carmel Butter Bars:
- Make ready of Batter.
- Prepare 1 lb of Salted butter room temp.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- Take 2 tbsp of Vanilla.
- Get 4 cup of AP flour.
- Take of Filling.
- Take 1 bag of Carmel candies (about 50 pieces) unwrapped.
- Get 1/3 cup of milk or cream.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- Take 1 of Coarse sea salt or Kosher salt.
Instructions to make Salted Carmel Butter Bars:
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugars. Using mixer on medium speed, beat together until creamy. Add the vanilla and beat until combined. Sift the flour into the butter mixture and beat on low speed until a smooth soft dough forms..
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Press one-third of the dough evenly into the pan to form a bottom crust. Wrap remaining dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator..
- Bake crust until firm and the edges are a pale golden brown approx 20 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool about 15 minutes..
- While the bottom crust is baking and the remaining dough is chilling, make the caramel filling. Place the unwrapped caramels in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the cream. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth. If caramels are not completely melted, microwave on high for 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth..
- Once the caramel is melted add in your 1/2 tsp vanilla and stir until combined..
- Pour the caramel filling over the crust. If you are going to salt the caramel sprinkle it on caramel layer now..
- Remove the remaining chilled dough from the refrigerator and crumble it evenly over the caramel..
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until the filling is bubbly and the crumbled shortbread topping is firm and lightly golden, about 25 – 30 minutes..
- Let cool before cutting into squares..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food salted carmel butter bars recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!