Homemade Caramel Apples.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, homemade caramel apples. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Homemade Caramel Apples is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Homemade Caramel Apples is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have homemade caramel apples using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Caramel Apples:
- Prepare 10 of -12 med size granny smith apples (or any tart apple u prefer).
- Prepare 2 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light corn syrup.
- Make ready 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Make ready 1 pinch of of salt.
- Make ready 1 of 14oz can sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 of toppings of your choice, i used crushed peanuts but u could use pretzels, chocolate, coconut…the possibilities are endless here!!!.
- Get 1 of wooden skewers to insert into apples.
- Prepare 1 of parchment paper.
Steps to make Homemade Caramel Apples:
- Prepare apple's: wash apple's under hot water, making sure to scrub as good as u can to get the wax off that is on apple's. Once washed dry with a rough towel, make sure u dry them very well. Insert skewers into end of apple. Set aside..
- In a med size pot melt the butter over med heat, add in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Stir together well. Bring to a boil then stir in can of condensed milk.Continue stirring for about 10-15 min or so til thermometer reaches 248°F. Remove from heat and dip apples in quickly. Once u dip apple let access drain off and roll quickly into desired topping. Set on parchment paper. Once done with all apples sit in fridge for a couple hours..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food homemade caramel apples recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!