Caramel Apple Baked French Toast. Baked French toast with apples and caramel sauce. The consistency of the finished recipe will be similar to bread pudding! A glass baking pan will help prevent the toast from sticking.
This dessert is absolutely delicious–soft caramelised apples, vanilla and cinnamon infused french toast that is soaked in a rich caramel sauce. This easy overnight caramel apple streusel French Toast bake is the perfect lazy weekend breakfast. Overnight French Toast Bakes are one of best things we look forward to on the weekend….especially since there's no need to spend an hour slaving over the stove for a hot breakfast.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, caramel apple baked french toast. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Caramel Apple Baked French Toast is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Caramel Apple Baked French Toast is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Baked French toast with apples and caramel sauce. The consistency of the finished recipe will be similar to bread pudding! A glass baking pan will help prevent the toast from sticking.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook caramel apple baked french toast using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Caramel Apple Baked French Toast:
- Prepare of Caramel Base.
- Make ready 1 cup of Packed brown sugar.
- Take 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter.
- Take 1/4 cup of Maple syrup.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Light corn syrup.
- Make ready 1 pinch of salt.
- Take 3/4 cup of Chopped pecans.
- Take 2 of Granny Smith apples – cubed.
- Prepare of French Toast.
- Prepare 10 of 1-2" thick bread slices (any kind you like).
- Get 6 of Eggs.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of 1/2 & 1/2.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Make ready 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon (optional).
- Get 1/4 cup of maple syrup (optional).
This casserole-style French toast will bring everyone to the table for breakfast or dessert! Mix up this Caramel Apple French Toast recipe with other fruit, such as any variety of pears or quince. Apples, pears and quince all belong to the rose family, surprisingly. Other fruits in the same family include apricots, plums, cherries, peaches and raspberries!
Instructions to make Caramel Apple Baked French Toast:
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray..
- In a medium sauce pan over med-low heat combine butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and corn syrup. Stir frequently until sugar and butter are completely melted, approx 8 minutes. Core, peel and chop the apples in to small pieces (not too small so you'll still have good texture). Once the caramel is ready add your apples and nuts while still on the heat. Stir until coated then pour the caramel mixture into the prepared baking dish distributing evenly..
- Mix the eggs, 1/2 & 1/2, vanilla, salt, syrup and cinnamon together until thoroughly combined. Arrange the sliced bread (I like french) over the caramel in a single layer. Pour the custard over evenly. Cover tightly with foil.
- At this point you can leave the dish out on the counter for an hour to soak or you can refrigerate it over night. If using the over night method take it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to baking to come to room temperature..
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the casserole in the oven covered and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake an additional 25 to 30 until the top is golden and the center is set. Once baked, allow to cool and set for 5-10 minutes before serving..
- Another little extra that I like to do is once the cover comes off I'll sprinkle it with a little extra brown sugar for some texture. Also, its nice to dust it with cinnamon and powdered sugar right before serving. This is a terrific dish for a holiday breakfast, brunch or potluck. Enjoy!.
The more delicate the fruit, the less. A delicious baked french toast casserole with apples and salted caramel. This easy french toast casserole is made healthier with less sugar and makes the perfect brunch treat! For this batch of Caramel Apple French Toast we got some Honey Crisp apples from a local orchard. The french toast is moist and delicious, never dry.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food caramel apple baked french toast recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!