Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce. Chicken- and cheese-stuffed corn tortillas baked under a creamy sauce infused with hot green chiles. Adjust the amount of chopped chiles to suit your taste! Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce.
Corn Tortillas Stuffed With Chicken, Cheese, Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, Sour Cream, And Green Chiles, Topped With More Sauce And Cheese! A super easy and simple enchilada recipe with a heavenly creamy white sauce that's completely homemade! I'm always in the mood for enchiladas but I always feel a little bit guilty Then you make the sauce by starting with a roux and then adding some chicken broth, sour cream, and green chiles.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken- and cheese-stuffed corn tortillas baked under a creamy sauce infused with hot green chiles. Adjust the amount of chopped chiles to suit your taste! Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce.
Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce:
- Take of Whole rotisserie chicken.
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 10-12 of large flour or corn tortillas or 16 smaller ones.
- Get of Sauce.
- Make ready 6 Tablespoons of butter.
- Make ready 4 Tablespoons of flour.
- Take 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Mexican oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Get 8 oz of chopped green chili with liquid.
- Prepare of Milk (add to desired consistency as sauce thickens 1-2 cups).
- Take 1 cup of sour cream.
This Chicken Enchiladas Recipe is a perfect way to use your leftover chicken or turkey. I made these Enchiladas using a Hatch green chili sauce, but red. How to Make Chicken Enchiladas w/Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and chilies.
Instructions to make Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce:
- Remove all meat from the chicken, discarding bones and skin. You should get 4-6 cups of meat when diced..
- Mix 2 cups of cheese with the diced chicken and set aside..
- For the sauce: melt butter in a large pan. Add flour and spices and whisk over medium heat for a few minutes until flour is cooked..
- Add the chicken broth and green chilies. Whisk over medium heat and add milk until you get a nice sauce consistency. Medium thick is what I went for..
- Add the sour cream. Adjust seasonings to your taste..
- Place about a cup of sauce in the bottom of large baking dish. You may need 2 baking dishes. I used one large lasagna pan and one medium sized one..
- Fill the tortillas with about 1/2 cup of chicken and cheese down the center and roll up. Place seam side down in the pan and continue process until chicken is gone..
- Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Top with the remaining 2 cups of cheese..
- Bake at 425 F for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and nicely golden brown on top..
Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. I also added a bit of cumin to the chicken.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!