Caramel Pumpkin Flan.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, caramel pumpkin flan. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Caramel Pumpkin Flan is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Caramel Pumpkin Flan is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook caramel pumpkin flan using 19 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Caramel Pumpkin Flan:
- Take of Pumkin Flan.
- Make ready 4 each of eggs (extra large).
- Prepare 4 each of egg yolks (from extra large eggs).
- Get 1 cup of sugar (brown, packed).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 1 cup of milk (whole).
- Take 1 cup of cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of pumkin puree (flesh from 1/2 small pumpkin).
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Get 1/8 tsp of nutmeg.
- Get 1/8 tsp of allspice.
- Take 1/8 tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of orange zest.
- Make ready 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Caramel.
- Take 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Get 3 each of drops of lemon juice (light squeeze from half a lemon).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of pepitas (roasted salted hulled pumpkin seeds).
Steps to make Caramel Pumpkin Flan:
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and orange zest with pumpkin puree..
- In a sauce pan, start to heat the milk and cream, but do not bring to a boil..
- Whisk together the eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl. Once the milk is warm, remove from heat slowly add to egg mixture, whisking continuously..
- Once incorporated, add the brown sugar, pinch of salt and vanilla and whisk until dissolved..
- Pour through a mesh strainer into another container that can hold the pumpkin puree as well and be refrigerated..
- Whisk to combine the spiced pumpkin puree with the egg mixture and chill at least 3 hours..
- Add 1 cup sugar and then 1/4 cup water to a sauce pan. Heat until the sugar dissolves then add lemon juice..
- Continue to heat, swirling the pan to cook evenly without stirring..
- Once mixture is a deep amber color, remove from heat and slowly add the remaining 1/4 cup water. The caramel mixture will bubble up. Using a heatproof spoon, stir to combine..
- Pour the caramel into the ramekins, allow to cool and chill until caramel has set..
- Divide the chilled custard into the ramekins and place in large roasting pan with at least 2" sides..
- Pour enough warm water into the pan to reach halfway up the ramekins and cover tightly with aluminum foil..
- Bake at 325°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges are clearly set, but center slightly liquid..
- Remove from roasting pan and allow to cool on wire racks..
- Once cooled, cover and return to refrigerator to chill..
- When ready to serve, invert onto serving plate, drizzle any extra caramel over the flan and sprinkle with pepitas..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food caramel pumpkin flan recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!