Millionaire Bars (Caramel Shortbread Bars).
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, millionaire bars (caramel shortbread bars). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Millionaire Bars (Caramel Shortbread Bars) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Millionaire Bars (Caramel Shortbread Bars) is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have millionaire bars (caramel shortbread bars) using 15 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Millionaire Bars (Caramel Shortbread Bars):
- Prepare of For the shortbread crust.
- Get 3/4 cups of unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 1/2 sticks).
- Make ready 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Take of For Caramel Layer.
- Take 1 (14 ounce) of can sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare of For Chocolate Layer.
- Prepare 4 ounces of good quality milk chocolate, I used Lindt Excellence Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate, chopped.
- Take 2 ounces of good quality semi sweet bar chocolate, chopped.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of salted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of English toffee bits, I used Heath enlist toffee bits.
Steps to make Millionaire Bars (Caramel Shortbread Bars):
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 8 by 8 baking dish with foil with sides extending over the edge for easy removal of bars. Spray foil woth non stick spray.
- Make Shortbread Crust.
- In a bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt and beat just until the dough forms clumps.
- Press onto prepared pan evenly and bake about 25 to 30 minutes until light golden.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make Caramel Layer.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk in to a heatproof bowl and stir in salt and vanilla.
- Place bowl over simmering water, cover with foil and cook until a golden caramel forms about 60 to 90 minutes. Stir occasionally and check to be sure the water level is ok..
- Remove from heat and beat until smooth with a whisk..
- Spread caramel over cooled shortbread crust. Let caramel firm up about 60 minutes before adding chocolate layer.
- Make Chocolate Layer.
- Combine both chopped chocolates and butter in a microwave safe bowl, microwave carefully until just melted then stir smooth.
- Let sit about 5 minutes to cool a bit then pour over caramel layer.
- While chocolate is still warm evenly top with Toffee bits.
- Let chocolate set before cutting g into bars. Refrigerate for easy cutting. To cut remove entire shortbread from pan in one piece, then cut. Store in refrigerator or freeze individual bars for layer.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food millionaire bars (caramel shortbread bars) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!