Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, soju drunken prawns in salted egg and coco cream sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have soju drunken prawns in salted egg and coco cream sauce using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce:
- Get 1/4 of kilo Prawns.
- Prepare 1 of salted egg, 2 if using yolk only.
- Make ready 1/2 head of garlic.
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of Coating.
- Take 1/2 pack of Crispy Fry chicken breading mix (25-30g) or use seasoned cornstarch or flour.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- Get 2 of jiggers/shots Soju (Korean alcoholic beverage- Chamisul Original, Classic, or Fresh).
- Make ready 1/4 of Shrimp broth cube/bullion.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- Get of Coco Cream Mixture (if no available fresh coconut cream).
- Take 3 of heaping Tbsp of Coconut powder dissolved in 1/8c water.
- Take 1/2 c of all-purpose cream.
Instructions to make Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce:
- First prep the prawns: devein the prawns, with scissors cut the back part of shell from head to tail carefully then remove the vein. Snip away the long whiskers and trim the legs..
- Prepare the marinade: in a container or ziploc bag, pour in the Soju and dissolve the 1/4 shrimp broth cube in it..
- Season the prawns with salt and pepper then marinate in the Soju mixture. Turn prawns every now and then while prepping the cream mixture. The picture below shows less liquid cos it has been absorbed..
- While marinating the prawns, prepare the coconut-salted egg cream mixture. If you have no coco cream, you can dissolve 3 heaping tbsps of coconut powder in a small amount of water then add to your all-purpose cream. Stir and mix well. Taste, and add more coconut powder if it doesn't taste coconut-y as you like..
- Prep your salted egg by cutting it up in small pieces. Your choice to include the whites or just the yolks. (1 egg or 2 yolks per 1/4k prawns)..
- Add the chopped salted egg to your coconut cream mixture. With a spoon, stir and mash it on the sides. It won't totally dissolve, that's okay. Below picture still have big pieces so I mashed it on the sides and kept stirring. Then set aside for later..
- Prepare your coating mix in a container (with lid) as you heat the non-stick pan with cooking oil. One by one remove prawns from the Soju marinade and place in your coating mix. Cover with lid and shake until coated. Set aside for cooking..
- Shallow fry both sides of the coated prawns in hot oil (or butter&oil) until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Cook all and set aside. Save the remaining oil drippings for later if you want (tasty!)..
- In another non-stick pan, heat the butter, cook the garlic until light golden. Add the coco cream mixture and bring to a simmer in low heat. You'll see the oil rise (looks like cream is splitting but that's okay)..
- Drop in your golden prawns. Stir gently and mix in the sauce well. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Don't over cook!.
- Plate and serve with rice and/or a salad with prawn drippings. Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food soju drunken prawns in salted egg and coco cream sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!