Caramel Apple Scones.
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, caramel apple scones. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Caramel Apple Scones is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Caramel Apple Scones is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have caramel apple scones using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Caramel Apple Scones:
- Get of Scones: 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for later.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Get 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Take 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Make ready 1 stick of plus 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Take 2 of apples (your choice) cored and cut into 1/2- to 3/4 inch cubes.
- Get 1/2 cup of caramel cubes.
- Make ready 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Get of Glaze: 2 Tbsp heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted caramel.
Steps to make Caramel Apple Scones:
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- To make scones: In a big bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon..
- Add butter and use your hands to rub into the flour mixture slightly, still leaving it in chunks. (Thick dime- to quarter-size pieces..
- Gently mix in the apples and caramel. (I prefer my hands).
- Gradually add the buttermilk while very lightly folding the dough with your hands. Mix until just combined, turn out the dough onto a flour-covered surface, and pat into a circle 1 to 1 1/2 inched thick. Cut the dough into 8 wedges and place them a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet..
- To glaze the scones: Brush the tops of the scones with the melted caramel and cream. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the cones..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and stick a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool and a rack..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food caramel apple scones recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!