Castella Caramel Pudding.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, castella caramel pudding. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Castella Caramel Pudding is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Castella Caramel Pudding is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook castella caramel pudding using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Castella Caramel Pudding:
- Get of 🍮 Caramel.
- Make ready 3 tbsp (39 g) of granulated white sugar.
- Take 1 tbsp (15 ml) of water.
- Make ready 1 tbsp (15 ml) of hot water.
- Take of 🍮 Pudding.
- Take 320 ml of whole milk, heated to 60°C or 140°F.
- Get 1 of egg yolk.
- Get 3 of whole eggs.
- Make ready 50 g of granulated white sugar.
- Get 1 tbsp (15 ml) of rum, optional.
- Take of 🍮Castella sponge.
- Get 1 of whole egg.
- Make ready 21 g of granulated white sugar.
- Get 10 g of honey.
- Prepare 27 g of cake flour, sifted.
Instructions to make Castella Caramel Pudding:
- To make caramel: In a heavy-bottom pot, heat sugar and 1 tbsp water over medium heat until it caramelizes or turns brown..
- Turn off the heat and carefully add 1 tbsp hot water into the caramel. It will sizzle quite aggressively so watch out for any hot splatter..
- Pour and divide caramel evenly into 4 heat-proof cups. Place the cups in a deep baking dish. We will bake this with a bain-marie (water bath) method. Set aside..
- To make pudding: In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and rum until combined. Then gradually add in heated milk (60°C or 140°F) while whisking the egg mixture. To avoid having chunks of cooked eggs, remember to keep whisking while pouring the milk. Strain the mixture into a jug. Set aside..
- To make castella: Using a hand mixer, beat egg, sugar, and honey until light and thickened..
- Sieve cake flour into batter. Using a silicone spatula, fold mixture just until combined. Do not overmix as it will deflate the batter and result in a dense cake..
- Assembly: Pour and divide pudding mixture evenly into the 4 cups. Top each cup with cake batter until almost full..
- Transfer into preheated oven at 320°F or 160°C. Pour as much boiling water as possible into the baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or as long as possible until the cake top really browns. Longer baking will ensure the pudding inside is cooked through..
- Out of the oven, I let them sit in the hot water bath for 10 more minutes. This allows the pudding to further set. Then remove from water and chill them overnight. Enjoy the pudding on the next day..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food castella caramel pudding recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!