Coconut Cream Pie. Sweetened toasted coconut is stirred into a homemade custard filling and poured into a pie shell. This is a tried-and-true, old-fashioned coconut cream pie. Took many years of searching and baking.
Easy old-fashioned Coconut Cream Pie is homemade with a creamy coconut pudding filling and whipped cream topping. This AMAZING Pie is a crowd favorite. Coconut cream pie is a diner classic, but there's no reason you can't make it at home.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, coconut cream pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweetened toasted coconut is stirred into a homemade custard filling and poured into a pie shell. This is a tried-and-true, old-fashioned coconut cream pie. Took many years of searching and baking.
Coconut Cream Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Coconut Cream Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook coconut cream pie using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Cream Pie:
- Get 3 cups of milk.
- Make ready 4 of lg egg yolks.
- Get 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 Tbl of cornstarch.
- Make ready 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 cup of coconut, divided.
- Prepare 1 of 9” pie crust, baked.
- Prepare of Meringue.
- Prepare 4 of lg egg whites.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Get 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of vanilla.
- Get 1/4 cup of coconut; for garnish.
Cover the coconut cream pie with plastic wrap and chill it until the filling is firm. Foolproof Coconut Cream Pie – Kitchen Conundrums with Thomas Joseph. Mounds of fluffy coconut-cream cheese whipped cream, creamy coconut custard filling and a crisp buttery pie crust! Then, top the coconut cream pie with a little more toasted coconut.
Instructions to make Coconut Cream Pie:
- Line baked pie crust with 1/4 cup coconut.
- In large, heavy saucepan, heat milk to almost boiling..
- In small bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and salt. Pour mixture into hot milk. Cook until thickened. Add remaining coconut. Cool slightly..
- Make meringue: beat egg whites with cream of tartar until dissolved. Turn mixer to high and beat until stiff peaks form. Add sugar slowly. Add vanilla..
- Spread meringue on top of hot pie, sealing to the edge of the crust. Top with reserved coconut. Bake meringue at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until meringue browns slightly..
- ALTERNATIVELY, use toasted coconut for lining pie crust and garnishing..
At this point, you can either slice the pie and serve it or refrigerate it until you're ready to enjoy it! Coconut cream pie, to be exact! This Coconut Cream Pie is made with a coconut custard filling and a coconut whipped cream, all topped with toasted coconut! It's a classic pie that is wonderfully delicious! I've never had coconut cream pie but that looks AMAZING!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food coconut cream pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!