Blue Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, blue velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Blue Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Blue Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have blue velvet cake with cream cheese frosting using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Blue Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Prepare of ~For the Cake.
- Prepare 1 box of white cake mix (do not use box directions).
- Make ready 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Take 3 of eggs – room temp.
- Get 2 tbs of unsweetened baking cocoa.
- Take 2 tsp of royal blue GEL food coloring.
- Make ready 1 drop of violet GEL food coloring.
- Take of ~For the Frosting.
- Get 8 oz of cream cheese – softened.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of unsalted butter – softened.
- Get 3 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Take 1 of tiny pinch salt.
Instructions to make Blue Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour the bottom only of a 9×13"cake pan or grease and flour the bottom and sides of 2, 8" round cake pans..
- Place all ingredients for the cake, EXCEPT the food coloring, in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low speed until just combined..
- Add food coloring (it is important to use gel type). Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrape down sides. Pour into prepared baking pan(s). Gently tap pan(s) on counter a couple times to knock out air bubbles..
- Place in oven. Bake 29-34 minutes for 9×13"pan or minutes for 8" round pans (toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean)..
- Remove from oven. For 9×13 let cool completely in pan. For round pans let cool 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edges to release from pan, and turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely..
- To make the frosting:.
- Place butter, cream cheese and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until combined and beginning to "fluff". About 2 minutes..
- Turn off mixer, scrape down sides. Beat in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, fully combining and scraping down sides after each addition. Add a small pinch of salt with the final cup of sugar. If frosting seems too thick to spread you can beat in a little milk 1 tsp at a time..
- To frost 9×13"cake: Spread entire batch evenly over cake. To frost 8" round cake: Place one cake on serving platter. Spread 1/3 of batch on top only. Place second cake directly on top of first. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides to coat as evenly as possible..
- See notes below ⤵.
- If you are using dark or nonstick cake pans bake at 325°F until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (usually about 5 more minutes than regular time)..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food blue velvet cake with cream cheese frosting recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!