Bigmama's Cream Cheese and Cheddar Biscuits.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, bigmama's cream cheese and cheddar biscuits. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bigmama's Cream Cheese and Cheddar Biscuits is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Bigmama's Cream Cheese and Cheddar Biscuits is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook bigmama's cream cheese and cheddar biscuits using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bigmama's Cream Cheese and Cheddar Biscuits:
- Take 3 cups of self rising flour (a bit more for kneading and rolling).
- Make ready 1 stick of cold salted butter, cut into pieces.
- Make ready 8 ounce of pack of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of cold whole milk (more if needed).
- Get 8 ounces of good quality sharp cheddar cheese, finely shedded.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
Steps to make Bigmama's Cream Cheese and Cheddar Biscuits:
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet or baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. (I used parchment paper)..
- Place flour in large, wide bowl. Add butter and cream cheese to flour; cut (blend in) with fork or hands until mixture is crumbly and resembles cottage cheese..
- Make a well (hole) in center of flour mixture; pour in milk. Mix dough from inside the well (circular) with hands or wooden spoon just until dough forms. Note: If dough is dry add a little more milk. Dough should be a bit sticky!.
- Sprinkle flour on countertop, on your hands and on rolling pin; scrape dough onto counter, sprinkle dough lightly with flour. Knead for one minute, and roll dough out until 1/2" thick. Dust dough and counter lightly with flour as needed..
- Once dough is rolled out, sprinkle over with cheese. Fold dough and roll it out again. Do this 3 or four times..
- Cut dough with round biscuit cutter (I used a glass)..
- Place biscuits into baking pan, sides touching. Reroll any extra dough or shape by hand and add to pan..
- Place biscuits in oven and bake 22-25 minutes or until golden on top. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter. Enjoy!.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food bigmama's cream cheese and cheddar biscuits recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!