Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup.
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- Make ready 3 Tbsp. of Butter.
- Get 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk, half-and half, OR heavy cream.
- Get 1 cup of cooked chicken, minced.
- Make ready 1 can (14 oz.) of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- Prepare Pinch of dried Thyme (optional).
Steps to make Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- You can successfully make this soup in less than 10 minutes from pantry items and a couple refrigerated stables… Start by melting 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and whisk until smooth. This is going to be a roux not a gravy, so take it easy with measuring the flour, no heaping or packing here..
- Once the flour has absorbed the butter add the milk. Whisk, whisk, whisk. Once the roux thickens add the chicken broth, and you guessed it, whisk..
- Now because everything else we are adding is cooked and just needs to be brought up to temperature turn the heat to medium-low. Add the minced chicken (this can be canned, rotisserie, leftover, white meat, dark meat, chicken you cooked just because you wanted to make soup… Chicken). Then add the chopped mushrooms. I like using the ugly little canned mushrooms for this soup because it keeps soup prep to less than ten minutes. Stir! You thought I was going to say whisk didn't you…..
- I dished my little ones first then added Thyme for my bowl. I hope you enjoy!.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!