Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars. Rhubarb season is wrapping up in my backyard this week. Sprinkle the coated rhubarb/strawberry mixture over the cream cheese (be aware that the cream cheese mixture is soft, so you won't be able to do a lot of spreading without getting it all. Creamy rhubarb filling is flanked top and bottom by a caramel-like crumbly mixture.
These bars combines the velvety richness of cheesecake with fresh tangy rhubarb for a delicious dessert that everyone will love. Beat cream cheese, white sugar, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. I love rhubarb, especially in the spring.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Rhubarb season is wrapping up in my backyard this week. Sprinkle the coated rhubarb/strawberry mixture over the cream cheese (be aware that the cream cheese mixture is soft, so you won't be able to do a lot of spreading without getting it all. Creamy rhubarb filling is flanked top and bottom by a caramel-like crumbly mixture.
Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars:
- Get of For the rhubarb puree.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Take 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of For the cream cheese shortbread.
- Make ready 5 oz of low-fat cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Take 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Take 1 1/3 cups of flour.
- Prepare of For the rhubarb curd.
- Take 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of rhubarb puree.
- Get 1/2 can of pitted, dark, sweet, cherries in heavy syrup chopped.
- Take 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Take of red dye.
- Take 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Get 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Get of zest of 1 lemon.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1/2 cup of flour.
These Rhubarb Cream Cheese Bars are easy to make and so delicious. The perfect combination of sweet and tart, this rhubarb dessert is great for Everyone immediately liked its sweet and tart combo. And I appreciate that it has just enough cream cheese to impart creamy decadence, but not. These Cherry Cream Cheese Bars are the perfect dessert for celebrating a special, but also easy enough to be your new everyday favorite.
Steps to make Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars:
- Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner. These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones..
- In a medium pot, combine chopped rhubarb, sugar, and water and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the rhubarb is completely broken down. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and incorporate flour. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake for 15 minutes..
- While the shortbread is cooking, make the rhubarb curd! In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the flour. Here is also where I added the cherries and brown sugar. Use as much red dye as you’d like, and remember that the color will fade a bit during cooking. Once mixed, whisk in the flour..
- Pour the rhubarb curd on top of the cream cheese shortbread, then bake for an additional 20 minutes to set the rhubarb..
- Cool bars for at least 4 hours in fridge..
- Then cut and top with powdered sugar! Serve & Enjoy!.
Once the whole thing is cooled, these Cherry Cream Cheese Bars get a drizzle of confectioners' sugar glaze for a finished sweet touch. · Rhubarb Cream Cheese Bars are the sweet and tart bar cookie recipes that combines the classic cream cheese flavors of cheesecake with These Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Bars are the perfect spring dessert! Perfect large crowd or potluck dessert. Do you have rhubarb coming out of your ears? Rhubarb Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting will use up a lot of the rhubarb and leave a smile on your face. Rhubarb can be very tart, but it seems that when it's cooked it mellows out and becomes much more sweet.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!